Call for Entries
London Artists’ Studio Tour 2019
- Dates for the 2019 tour are April 26, 27 & 28.
- Submission deadline is October 31, 2018.
- All media are acceptable.
- Applicants must be professional working artists with accessible studio space located in London that is able to accommodate up to 300 people going through in one weekend.
- Artists must be present in their studio for the duration of the tour.
Submission package must include:
- Ten high-quality images of your current work: The clarity and presentation of your images is the most critical part of your submission. It is recommended that you provide a cohesive grouping of work that is representative of the type of work you are intending to show. Each image should be labeled with its title, media, size, & date.Images must be on a data stick (preferable) or CD that is clearly labeled with your name. Do check that the images are properly oriented – we will not rotate images. Do not ask us to visit your website to see images; if you do, your submission will not be considered. Also include a printed list of images in the order in which they appear on the stick or CD along with the title, media, size & year for each.
- A letter that outlines your interest in the tour, what the public will experience, as well as what you might add to the tour.This is a studio-centered tour. We recognize that “studio” means different things to different artists. We (and the public) are interested in seeing process & the ongoing development of a participant’s craft. Please describe how the public will experience your process. Including an image of your studio is recommended. All applicants should be prepared for a studio visit as part of the jurying process.All participants are expected to work to promote the tour. If you have special skills, please outline them in the letter. These might include, but are not limited to, social media expertise, web skills, ad sales, pop-up art show set-up; media schmoozing, video production & design skills.
- Contact information: Your name, address, postal code, telephone number, current email, & website.
- Artist Statement &/or CV: This must be printed and should tell about your artistic practice & exhibition history.
- An accurate hand-drawn or printed computer-generated map of your location in London.
Mail to: London Artists’ Studio Tour, 15 Antrim Crescent, London, Ont N6E 1G1
Applicants will be informed of the jury’s decision by mid-December 2018. A participation fee of $225 per artist is payable upon acceptance. All participants/studios must have personal liability insurance during the tour – house insurance alone does not provide adequate coverage.
NOTE: The Studio Tour is a juried event. The only work that may be shown at any studio during the tour is that of artists accepted by the jury. At least 80% of the work on display must be original; no more than 20% can be mechanical reproductions.
2018 Organizing Committee: Corrine Garlick, Susan Garrington, Kim Kaitell, Doug Magrath, Beth Stewart & Richard Sturgeon.
For additional information contact:
Beth Stewart at 519-668-6743 or email@example.com