Call for Entries
London Artists’ Studio Tour 2021
- Dates for the 2021 tour are TBA, but will be late April.
- Submission deadline is October 31, 2020.
- All media are acceptable.
- Applicants must be working artists with accessible studio space located in London that is able to accommodate up to 300 people going through in one weekend. Artists must be present in their studio for the duration of the tour.
Submission package must include:
- Ten high-quality images of your current work.
[high-quality = at least 3 inches tall by at least 3 inches wide @ 300 pixels per inch (ppi)]
Images must be clear and sharp and representative of the type of work you are intending to show during the tour. A cohesive grouping is recommended. Each image must be labeled with its title, media, size, and date. Images must be on a data stick that is clearly labeled with your name. Do check that the images are properly oriented – we will not rotate images. Do not ask us to visit your website to see images; if you do, your submission will not be considered. Do include a printed list of images in the order in which they appear on the stick along with the title, media, size and date for each.
- A letter that outlines your interest in the tour, what the public will experience, as well as what you might add to the tour.
This is a studio-centered tour. Including an image of your studio is recommended. We recognize that “studio” means different things to different artists. We (and the public) are interested in seeing process and the ongoing development of a participant’s craft. Please describe how the public will experience your process. All applicants should be prepared for a studio visit as part of the jurying process. All participants are expected to work to promote the tour. If you have special skills, please outline them in the letter. These might include, but are not limited to, social media expertise, web skills, ad sales, pop-up art show set-up; media schmoozing, video production and design skills.
- Contact information: Your name, address, postal code, telephone number, current email, and website.
- Artist Statement &/or CV: This must be printed and should tell about your artistic practice and exhibition history.
- An accurate hand-drawn or printed computer-generated map of your location in London.
Note: Submission material, including data sticks & CDs, will not be returned.
Mail to: London Artists’ Studio Tour, 15 Antrim Crescent, London, Ont N6E 1G9
Applicants will be informed of the jury’s decision by December 1, 2020. A participation fee of $250 per artist is payable upon acceptance. All participants/ studios must have personal liability insurance during the tour – house insurance alone does not provide adequate coverage.
NOTE: The Studio Tour is a juried event. The only work that may be shown at any studio during the tour is that of artists accepted by the jury. At least 80% of the work on display must be original; no more than 20% can be mechanical reproductions.
2021 Organizing Committee: Sarah Cowling, Carol Finkbeiner Thomas, Corrine Garlick, Beth Stewart and Richard Sturgeon.
For additional information contact:
Beth Stewart at 519-668-6743 or firstname.lastname@example.org