LONDON ARTISTS’ STUDIO TOUR CALL FOR ENTRIES 2014
Dates: May 2, 3 and 4, 2014.
Applicants must be professional working artists with exhibition experience living in the city of London. All media are acceptable. Artists must have accessible studio space able to accommodate up to 300 visitors in one weekend. Artists must be present in their studio for the duration of the tour.
Deadline for submissions is October 31, 2013.
Submission package must include:
- 10 slides or a CD of 10 jpg images that are representative of the work you are intending to show. NOTE: Slides must be numbered 1-10, marked with the artist’s name, and have a red dot on the lower left corner of the slide frame. Do check that your CD actually has the images on it.
- A printed list of the title, media, size and year for each of your 10 images in the same order that they will appear in your slides or on your CD.
- An accurate hand-drawn or computer-generated map showing your studio’s location in London.
- An artist statement and/or CV that tells about your artistic practice and exhibition history.
- A stamped, self addressed envelope suitable for the return of your material if you wish to have it returned.
15 Antrim Crescent,
London, Ontario, N6E 1G1
The Studio Tour is a juried event. Each year the jury strives to achieve a fresh and interesting mix of new and returning artists and to include artists working in a variety of media. The only work that may be shown at any studio during the tour is that of artists accepted by the jury. At least 80 per cent of the work on display must be originals. No more than 20 per cent can be giclee prints or other mechanical reproductions.
New applicants should be prepared for a studio visit as part of the jurying process.
Applicants will be informed of the jury’s decision by mid-December 2013. A participation fee of $200 per artist is payable upon acceptance by the jury.
All participants/ studios must have personal liability insurance during the tour – house insurance alone does not provide adequate coverage.
2014 Organizing Committee: Kevin Bice, Chris Snedden, Doug Magrath, Corinne Garlick, and Beth Stewart.
For additional information contact:
Kevin Bice at 519-438-4217
Beth Stewart at 519-668-6743